Noēsis, the University of Toronto’s Undergraduate Journal of Philosophy, is delighted to extend a call for submissions for the 23rd volume of the journal, for publication in the spring of 2022.
The period for paper submissions is now closed.
Papers selected for publication in Noēsis will demonstrate exceptional undergraduate scholarship in both their precision and originality. We welcome submissions in all areas of philosophy. Insightful exegetical works and cross-disciplinary papers are welcome so long as the philosophical content included in the paper is substantial.
Submissions can be uploaded below or sent to our email address at email@example.com.
Papers submitted for consideration must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Submission is on a philosophical topic or else contains substantive philosophical content or methodology (for example, a paper approaching economic theories of rationality from a philosophical perspective).
- Submission has received an A-range grade (although it is strongly recommended that even such papers be revised and expanded prior to submission).
- Submission is prepared for blind review (see our document, "Preparing for Blind Review" for more information).
- Submission is under 5, 000 words long.
- Submission is a docx file (Not PDF).
- Submission is written in or translated into English.
- Submission includes an abstract (less than 25o words).
In addition, please include the following information on a separate cover page:
- Your full name
- The title of the submitted paper
- The word count of the paper
- Your academic institution, program, and year of study
- An email address where we can reach you
Successful applicants will work with two Noēsis senior editors over the course of three months to make changes, revisions, and additions to their paper, prior to publication.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us or fill out the contact form.
PAPERS SHOULD BE UPLOADED BELOW OR SUBMITTED TO EIC.NOESIS@GMAIL.COM BY DECEMBER 15, 2021 AT 11:59 PM EST.