Ē, an online magazine from Noēsis Undergraduate Journal of Philosophy, is extending a call for submissions of multidisciplinary works with philosophical import to our annual zine publication. The deadline for submission is Saturday, November 27th, 2021 at 11:59 PM, EST.
Pieces selected for the online magazine will use multidisciplinary mediums to explore philosophical subjects. These mediums can include but are not limited to: art or cultural criticism, film, literature & letters, visual art, poetry, photography, music, and sculpture. We welcome submissions in all formats as long as they are philosophically oriented.
Please ensure that your submission adheres to the following guidelines :
- Submission is one piece of multidisplinary work
- Submission contains substantive philosophical import
- Submission is prepared for blind review (i.e., no author-identifying information or notes in the body of the paper – visit our website for further instruction on how to prepare for blind review).
- Submission is no more than 5,000 words or 15 minutes in length (if applicable).
- Submission is written in or translated to English.
In addition, please include the following information in a separate document:
- Include a philosophical statement outlining why your piece should be published in a philosophy magazine and elaborating on its philosophical dimensions (approximately 250 words).
- The author’s full name
- The title of the submitted work
- The author’s academic institution, program, and year of study
- The author’s email address
Pieces should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header “Zine Submission – First Name Last Name” by Saturday, November 27th, 2021 at 11:59 PM, EDT.