Ē is an online magazine run by Noēsis, the University of Toronto’s Undergraduate Journal of Philosophy. We are extending our call for submissions for theoretical, artistic or creative works with philosophical import.
The extended deadline for submission is Tuesday, December 20th, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.
Pieces selected for our online magazine will be theoretical, artistic, or creative works that utilise their specific medium to explore philosophical subjects. These pieces can be fiction or nonfiction. Pieces can also employ a variety of mediums, including (but not limited to) writing (essays, poems, stories, etc.), visual art, photography, videos or short films, and music.
Please ensure that your submission adheres to the following guidelines :
- Submission is one piece
- Note: We understand that what counts as one piece varies with the medium, and we are flexible on that front if, for example, you submit a collection of photographs.
- Submission explores a philosophical subject matter
- Submission is prepared for anonymous review (i.e., no author-identifying information or notes in the body of the paper – see our document, “Preparing for Anonymous Review” for more information).
- Submission is no more than 5,000 words or 15 minutes in length (if applicable)
- Submission is written in or translated to English.
In addition, please include the following information in a separate document:
- Briefly indicate the philosophical themes that show up in your work and the way the artistic medium services these themes.
- The author’s full name
- The title of the submitted work
- The author’s academic institution, program, and year of study
- The author’s email address
Pieces should be e-mailed to email@example.com with the header “Zine Submission – First Name Last Name” by Tuesday, December 20th, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.